Wednesday, June 15, 2011

D'Arcy McGees: Take 2

Back in April, VN and I went to watch the visiting Habs play the Sens in the last home game of the season.

Prior to the game, VN and I had dinner at D’Arcy McGees. To my surprise, the pub was quite dead for a home game. Anyway, I couldn’t decide what I wanted to eat. I knew that I was going to stay away from the Yorkshire pudding appetizers.

20110407_2913

20110407_2917
I settled on the chicken pie. It came out piping hot and looked really good! Despite our waiter’s warning to me, I dug right in and burned my tongue. The filling was pretty good, though the sauce was a bit pasty. I was quite impressed with the flaky crust. It wasn't overly salty or soggy. The best part of the crust was that it didn't have a metallic taste to it like my mom's version (when she makes it with lard).

20110407_2914
For my side dish, I enjoyed a summer salad to counter my heavy main. I wish it had more dressing.

I went through about a quarter of my pie before I realized that I had not found a piece of chicken in my chicken pie. Frig… they must’ve been cheap and skimped on the chicken! I thought to myself.

20110407_2918
That’s when I hit the gold mine. Giant chunks of chicken breast pieces came out of hiding. Unlike most places, D’Arcy McGees were definitely not stingy with the chicken.

20110407_2909
VN ordered the Guinness® poutine. I had a bite and was disappointed with the Guiness® gravy. It was expecting a rich homemade gravy. I don’t know why.

Dinner was great! I’ll definitely be back for the food. The pub also ran shuttle buses to the arena! Oh, for those who care… the Sens beat the Habs 3-2 in overtime. It was an amazing game. Go Sens!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine - Man, those chunks of chicken looked huge! Too bad about the gravy.... it does look tasty though!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...