Monday, February 04, 2008

Second Dinner of the Night - December 30th

It was just one of those nights where we, were bored and hungry. Jimmy craved bubble tea and so we all went to pick some up at Bubblicity. After we ordered our bubble teas we decided to go to Yangtze for some food. The other choices were: pho, Yangtze, pizza, and pho. We left our bubble teas in the van and headed for Yangtze.


The 4 of us, Jimmy, Lucy, Richard, and I, sat down and a table and looked at the menu. We weren't starving, but we were hungry, so we just ordered my noodles with chow mein (instead of rice noodles) and a bunch of dim sum dishes.


I didn't feel like the rice noodles because Yangtze sometimes makes it gross, and Richard felt like chow mein so we just asked for the change of noodles. The crunchy chow mein softened as it bathed in the sauce. So heavenly. The change was surprisingly good.




The dim sum dishes we ordered were: shrimp and pork siu mai, one haw gow, and two deep fried shrimp balls. The shrimp siu mai was good. The pork siu mai was pretty much a meat ball in a wonton skin. They seemed packed. It was different, but still good. I didn't have any haw gow, but I'm sure they were good. Finally, the deep fried shrimp balls were, as we hoped, crispy on the outside while the insides tasted of shrimp, green onions, soy sauce, and sriracha sauce (because I dipped them in my mixture of Yangtze's awesome soy sauce and hot sauce).




I said this before and I'll say it again; Yangtze has the best deep fried shrimp balls. If you like shrimp, I suggest you try this here.

After devouring our delicious second dinner we went back to the van and headed back home, where we finished our bubble teas. Looking at the time stamps on the pictures, it only took us less than 20 minutes to finish it all. I guess we were really hungry afterall.



~*~*~


Address:
730 Somerset Street West
Ottawa, ON
(613) 230-8833

700 Somerset Street West
Ottawa, ON
(613) 236-0555

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...