Monday, March 14, 2011

Random Tidbits: Part 8

When we were younger, my parents would buy a rotisserie chicken from Costco and we’d have a picnic at the beach. One day while shopping at Costco, my parents noticed that a new batch of rotisserie chickens coming out of the oven. Like an eagle, Mom swiftly snatched a plump bird before anyone else even noticed.

Costco Chicken
I’m drooling just looking at this!

Once we got home, Dad quickly began working on some potatoes. There were enough potatoes for two baking trays, so I helped Dad season both of them.

Baked Potatoes 2
The first tray was seasoned with minced garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika and some oil.

Baked Potatoes 1
The other tray had minced garlic, Italian seasoning, chili powder, chicken powder (the bouillon stuff), and some oil.

It’s too bad the pictures didn’t turn out, but they both looked amazing! Everyone favoured the second tray of potatoes because they were spicy and had more flavour than the first batch.

The chicken was so juicy – even the breast pieces! I feel like they brine their chickens a bit too long. The texture was a tad too soft, but in saying that, I’d rather have this chicken than dry and stringy chicken. We made gravy from some Swiss Chalet sauce mix and the drippings of the chicken. Yum!


~

My bacon, egg and pancake breakfast ended up becoming perogies with onions, bacon and sour cream. Wowzers!

While I was frying the bacon for my breakfast, Dad showed up behind me with some frozen perogies that we had in the freezer. I wasn’t ready for such a heavy meal, but everyone else wanted it. Richard took over and then fried another bag of bacon. The bacon he brought out was gorgeous!

Perogies 3
This was a more fatty slice of (Canadian) bacon in the bag.

Perogies 4
I’d say that Richard did a good job. There were both soft and crunchy bacon to satisfy everyone’s taste.

Perogies 1
Lucy boiled the frozen perogies, Andrew prepared the onions, and then browned the boiled perogies on the griddle.

Perogies 2
Once everything was finished, Andrew made himself a nice plate of perogies and all the fixings.

Brunch was quite greasy and heavy, but delicious nonetheless.


~

Like the last time I ordered Pizza Pizza pizza, I opted for Lucy’s garlicky creation. Hmm… she needs to name it.

Lucy's Pizza
You should order Lucy's pizza next time. It’s a thin crust pizza with a base of creamy garlic sauce, grilled zucchini, Italian sausage, and the four cheese blend (cheese on top). Chili peppers and Italiano blend was added on top of the well done pizza, too. Dad had it for the first time and loved it. You will too!

He usually eats a bit of everything but when I offered him one of a slice off of my pizza, he refused and went for another slice of Lucy’s pizza. Dad eventually had half of a slice of my pizza to make me feel better.

Pepperoni and Bacon
Crumble Pizza
I unintentionally ordered the same kind of pizza; pepperoni, bacon crumble, four cheese and extra sauce on the bottom of the well done pizza. The pizza wasn’t well done enough. I love when the edges of the pepperoni curl up and become crispy, which was one of the reasons why I chose to have the pizza well done. Ah well.

Despite not liking Pizza Pizza pizza, I do occasionally enjoy it – when the pizzas are done right.


~*~

Addresses:
Costco
1849 Merivale Rd.
Ottawa, ON
613-727-4789

Pizza Pizza
68 Northside Rd.
Ottawa, ON
613-737-1111
Pizza Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...