Thursday, September 29, 2011

Usual Lunch at Marché Kei Phat

When visiting Montreal, having lunch at Marché Kei Phat has become an enjoyable routine. I can’t believe I only wrote about it twice (here and here)! We’ve been there about half a dozen times – just this summer.

While sipping on iced Chinese tea, our family (minus one) looked over the menu to reaffirm our decisions.

20110709_3570

#3 Phnom Penh noodle soup (with rice noodles or egg noodles), #6 Wonton noodle soup with rice noodles (or egg noodles)

20110709_3571

#4 Phnom Penh style rice noodles (or egg noodles) with soup on the side, #7 Rice noodle (or egg noodles) soup with beef

20110709_3568

#11 Vietnamese style beef stew with bread (top left), #13 Sweet Chinese donut (the sesame covered stuff on the left) or Chinese donut sticks (on the right)

20110709_3567

I was debating whether or not I wanted to have something other than the Phnom Penh noodle soup. I was naturally drawn to the stir fried rice noodles with beef and Chinese broccoli (aka my noodles). I’ve had this here before and they do a pretty good version. Tough choices…

20110709_3584

In the end, I went off the board and chose the wonton egg noodle soup. Their pork wontons were a bit on the sweeter side, but I still enjoyed them even though they were small.

20110709_3585

Mom went with her usual Vietnamese beef stew (aka bo kho) and bread.

20110709_3574

20110709_3577

Jimmy and Lucy got their usual, Phnom Penh noodle soup and dry Phnom Penh noodles respectively. Dad also got the dry Phnom Penh noodle bowl with a side of pork broth.

20110709_3579

Andrew tried the rice noodle soup with beef. It turned out to be a pork broth instead of a pho soup – not that Andrew cared.

20110709_3582

And to soak up all the mouth watering, soul boosting soup, we had some Chinese donut sticks (aka youtiao). My uncle's older sister gave us an extra order of youtiao.

Lunch was once again a quite affair. Everyone was too busy with their own bowls of noodles to talk. I realize that we usually don't take pictures when we go because we're so hungry. Next time I go, I'll try getting the stir fried rice noodles with beef and Chinese veg.

If you ever go to Montreal, go try the Phnom Penh noodle soup at Marché Kei Phat and make sure you get an order or two of the Chinese donut sticks too.

(Full disclosure: my uncle's family owns the grocery store and small restaurant.)


~*~

Marché Kei Phat
4215 Rue Jarry Est
Saint-Léonard, QC
514-376-4590
Marché Kei Phat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...