Thursday, September 24, 2009

Kingston Lunch Plate - September 24, 2009

Local lunch plate

Relishing the beautiful weather, I walked down to the Kingston Market Square. I picked up a basket of the season's last Ginger Gold apples. They were $6.00 a basket, and they were grown locally. My cousin introduced these apples to me this past summer, and I've been in love with them ever since.

Then I walked down to Pan Chancho, intending to pick up a small olive rosemary loaf. Unfortunately, they ran out of the small loaves, and I can't finish a large loaf in a week. I picked up a small sourdough loaf instead.

Inspired by the apples and the bread, I decided to buy cheese from the Golden Rooster Deli. I wasn't sure if caraway havarti would match the apples, but I bought it anyway.

IMG_4578 copy

It was a light, delicious lunch. The Ginger Gold slices were crisp and sweet. They weren't cold, but they were really refreshing. The buttery havarti matched well with both the sourdough and the apples. The caraway seeds were a little confusing, but I liked it more as I continued to eat.

Ahhh, the sweet, mellow flavours of fall.

This little lunch plate definitely fits in The Diet, so I can officially say that The Diet is back on, baby!

~ * ~

Kingston Market Square
King and Brock
Kingston, ON

Pan Chancho Bakery
44 Princess Street
(Princess and King)
Kingston, ON
(613) 544-7790

Golden Rooster Delicatessen
111 Princess Street
(Between Wellington and Bagot)
Kingston, ON
(613) 549-6540

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...