Friday, July 29, 2011

PC Frozen Desserts Melts My Heart

20110728_3601

I've been pleasantly surprised by the President's Choice branded food items. When PC first started to sell their new products I just assumed they'd be like No Name branded stuff.

20110728_3594
But that was before I tried their Blue Menu Raspberry Sherbet. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my friend Ange for brining this dessert to one of my pho parties a few years back.

20110728_3607
The smooth raspberry sherbet was tangy and not too sweet. It would've tasted better if there was more raspberry though. As I was enjoying each spoonful of the raspberry sherbet, the Nestea Iced Tea commercials kept running through my head. You know, the one where the person who drinks their iced tea falls into a swimming pool. That's how refreshing the sherbet was.

20110728_3599
I tried PC's Dark Chocolate Ice Cream back when the PC Summer Tour visited Ottawa. Although they only handed out tiny samples, the richness of the chocolate ice cream made a huge impression.

This ice cream was actually made with cream. Did you know that ice cream that doesn't contain cream can't be called ice cream? That's why brands like Parlour call their products frozen desserts. It's there, although they're in a tiny font. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that you can taste the richness of the cream and the chocolate. Deee-licious!

20110728_3605
When eaten together, the raspberry sherbet and dark chocolate ice cream apparently tasted like raspberry truffles at Godiva. *Shrug* We'll have to wait until Lucy fills in the details.

In the meantime, go to your local Loblaws grocery store and buy yourself some raspberry sherbet and dark chocolate ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...