Thursday, November 11, 2010

Instant Ramyun, Reinterpreted – August 10th, 2010

I am guilty of always playing with my food, especially when I don’t like the food in front of me. I’m not sure how it started, but one of my brothers made a pot of ramyun (Korean instant noodles – used interchangeably with ramen and la mian).

"Gourmet" Ramen 1

We were joking around, and before we knew it, we had assembled a dish that looked... a little more refined than the usual ramyun. We joked that we could probably sell it in a nice restaurant for $8.00 as an appetizer. Yes, the presentation is a little messy. We probably should have wiped the plate clean, but we were kidding around anyway.

"Gourmet" Ramen 2

In terms of preparation, it was just a package of ramyun. I believe this one was kimchi flavoured ramyun from Nong Shim. My brother did add a few slices of fried Chinese sausages, which you can see in the background.

Amazing what imagination, a sense of humour, and some good lighting can do, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...