Saturday, May 16, 2009

The (Almost) Perfect Cookie – April 10, 2009

I am extremely particular about what my favourite cookie tastes like. I think it has something to do with the fact that I can’t bake cookies to save my life.

Anyway, my favourite cookie is a soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven. Regular milk chocolate chip cookies with a tall glass of icy milk are perfect for snacking.

DSC03465_edited-2

If I’m eating cookies as a dessert, I prefer white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. Of course, they have to be warm and chewy, and served with a glass of milk. These cookies are sweeter than normal chocolate chip cookies, but they also have an unexpected crunch. The soft, just-cooked cookie dough gives way to the pockets of melted white chocolate and the chunks of nuts.

These cookies are from Gord’s at Queen’s University. Soft and positively sinful. They’re not the PERFECT cookie, but they’re pretty damn close. My only problem with these cookies is that they contain granulated white sugar. I prefer cookies made with only brown sugar because the texture isn’t as granular when you bite into them.

Still, they’re better than what I can bake, so I shouldn’t really be complaining. I would totally sell my soul to be able to bake soft cookies from scratch. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...