Saturday, May 09, 2009

Sweet Coffee and Youtiao – May 9, 2009

This morning, I woke up feeling peckish, not overly hungry. I wandered about the kitchen for a bit before deciding that I really didn’t want to eat a full breakfast.

IMG_1742_edited-1

Luckily, my mum had bought some youtiao (savoury deep fried sticks of dough; the Vietnamese call it gio chao quay) a few days ago. Remembering a snack I often ate as a child, I decided I would have some sweetened milk coffee to accompany the crullers.

IMG_1737_edited-1

I brewed some coffee, but I forgot that it had to be really strong coffee. Once I added the sweetened condensed milk, the coffee taste was weakened.

IMG_1751_edited-1

After stirring thoroughly, the coffee was ready for dunking. You eat the cruller like you would eat coffee and donuts, in this case.

IMG_1760_edited-1

Such a simple and delicious breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...